Sunday, August 21, 2011

July 16th, 2011

Dear Fam--

I began this last week but the computer shut off before I could finish it:
P.S. Shout out to Sister Wheeler-- I just got your email! It was SOO good to hear from you! Surprise--you're a grandma again!
1. I DID see sister Lier--it was so great! She did relay the message and we took a great fotku so she can prove it to you when she gets back.
2. I'm so glad to hear that Jane's enjoying Provo. I've been talking to her brother a bit--we have a meeting with him this week. We'll see how it goes--he seems pretty cool. I'm glad she enjoyed DI--a girl after my own heart.
3. AHH! Tonda! that''s SO great! You will have so much fun with him. Remember when he wasn't sure about going? Oh my, how time flies.
4. I haven't met any Martin Marin yet...but if he finds his way back here, I'll make sure to look him up.
5. Yes, we see Diana all the time! I love her so much! She's actually doing a lot better with coming to church lately--apparently she hardly ever came before I got here. It's still a little touch and go, but she's been having dreams about her grandma and thinks that she wants her to go to the temple and be baptized for her, so she's making an extra effort to come more often so she can be worthy to go to the temple. Karel is really supportive of everything, but doesn't really want to mix in with it. He comes to church whenever she does and he even kind of gets in to Sunday school--maybe likes it more than Diana does. I think that one day he will come to realize the truth of it all--maybe it'll take a little bit of humbling first though.
6. PAUL! Just like the apostle--that's so hot. :) When Sis Lier came she made a bet that something exciting would happen before the summer's over.... She told me all sorts of great things about him, so I suppose I approve if she approves. I'm so glad that you're happy. Remember that one time we were with Petr Bandik and all his friends after their soccer match and we realized how awkward we missionaries are? Was it really like that when you got back? (Speaking of Petr, I hear that he has a girlfriend now and never wants to come back to the Czech Republic....)
Ahh! I love you! Every day (especially now that I'm training) I think of you and our transfer together and wonder if you felt like you knew what you were doing then or if you felt more like me--like you're finally learning that you never really know what you're doing as a missionary because it's never predictable. You're just wonderful.

s laskou,
tvoje dcera

Also: my new comp is sister White, aka Sister Bila, which reminds me of how Liba always called you Bily. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment