Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dean. Close. Mouth. October 1st, 2011







Pix:
1. The district.
2. Us and Li Hang after a fab Skype sesh.
3. Our church building, which used to be a favorite pub in these parts. Sometimes I meet people who are still upset about that.


Hello my little lovelies,

This week has been UNreal. Let me just tell you how un the real has been:

So. As we've been preparing for this concert on Nov 5th, it's taken at least an hour each day for practice time. Not so terrible, because it gives us time to be in touch and call everyone we need to call. However, I could maybe see myself or someone else saying that it's not the best use of time.

HOWEVER...The Lord has been sending us a very clear message that this is what He wants. We have been SO busy and SO blessed ever since we've begun preparing for this concert. On Tuesday we went contacting for 2 hours as part of a district thing--the only time we've had to go contacting has been during district finding opportunities. In the space of 2 hours we set up FOUR meetings and ended the day with a total of TWELVE phone numbers. Can you believe this?? I don't know if that means anything to you. A very average decent day would probably yield a number every 20 to 30 minutes or so. But God is with us. Yesterday we were so busy that we had to organize three splits so we could make it to all our meetings.

Li Hang is progressing very well--he's told the missionaries in England about 15 or so friends he's been talking to about the church. He keeps telling me how he must study for one year and then he will be a missionary too. He's just amazing. I can really see the light the gospel has brought into his life, even though he can't explain it to me in Czech very well.

The subject line comes from a meeting we had with one girl--a referral from a less active member (his girlfriend--there will be a bit of teaching to do before she really understands how that relationship should be). Her name is Misa and she's really funny and speaks a bit of English, however it's not completely fluent. Her boyfriend, William, is from Nigeria. While we were teaching, his uncle and friend came over, also from Nigeria. They began speaking some crazy foreign language--I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was. Then Misa told me that it was English, however they shorten all their words so it becomes some incomprehensible version of English (i.e. 'believe me' becomes 'bei me'--amazing). After she told me that, I was at once fascinated, and without thinking began trying to pick out words...until she said, 'Dean. close. mouth.' and then I realized that I was staring at people I didn't know with my mouth ridiculously agape.

Misa, along with two other miracles, Vlastik (I've written about him before) and Sergey (a former that we called--is REALLy looking for answers in life and really feels the spirit) are all preparing for baptism along with Li Hang. We'll see how it goes. It's so humbling to see how God just does what He wants with our days when we are willing to follow His direction.

Companions are still amazing. This is how cool Sister Bean is: she grew up listening to classical music. So much so, that when she was little she thought that rock music was short for Rachmananov. Did I tell you this already? I can't get over it. And Sister Anderson just serves her guts out. So we all make a fun little group.

And that's probably all I have time for. Love ya!

Sestra Dean

P.S. Enjoy GC for me!


Collins Huish--Please teach me how to fly fish. Thank you.

Beks--No dice. Pres has fallen in love with these English missionaries. But if you could send someone down here who might be able to baptize and confirm in Chinese, we would all be much obliged.

No comments:

Post a Comment