Sunday, July 31, 2011

May 16th, 2011 Oh Myyy--This is How Cool the Czech Republic Is:

Everyone, please watch this:
https://lds.org/youth/video/the-first-step?lang=eng
A member here in Prague was asked to make this by the Church. He actually learned about the gospel as a foreign-exchange student in Utah. This is the language that I speak. This is the city that I live in. This is the gospel that I preach. How cool is that?!

Cool things from this week:

We brought an American to church with us. Her name is Becky. When we met her we found out that she's religious and she's been to a few different churches so we invited her to come with us. I was surprised at how willing she was to accept our invitation, but then Sister Chris reminded me that Americans are just really open people. Oh yeah.

My journal entry from Wednesday:

"We taught a pirate named Henry today and he is going to read the Book of Mormon." No lie, I don't think a person could look more like Jack Sparrow if he did it on purpose. Minus the eye liner, I suppose. He is even missing a hand! Seriously! He just wears this one black leather glove all the time and you can tell that he doesn't have fingers because sometimes he'll bump something and the fingers on his glove will move in unreal directions. But he's really open and a devoted Christian and really interested in the Book of Mormon. (Said he'd heard something about Mormon Tea when we contacted him on the street...not quite sure what that is.)

Biggest surprise ever--Martin Grochol came to church in Prague! He had to come anyway because he had a meeting for work nearby, but it was such a wonderful surprise. Also heard that Dusan brought his girlfriend to church with him yesterday! Woo! I don't know the details yet, but WOOO!

Ludek is a rockstar. Really. Taught him about prophets, tithing, and the Sabbath Day last week. He had questions about everything, but every time we asked him to live by it, he'd say, "of course. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to do it." He's amazing. And the branch has just taken him right in. I'm beginning to look through the branch directory for a woman for him. Eternal families = my forte. :)

Sister Christensen is great. We get a long really well and laugh a lot together. But things have slowed down a lot since I've gotten to Prague. The area we're in has a lot of "eternal investigators"--people that aren't progressing towards baptism, but enjoy meeting with the missionaries for one reason or another.

I really love this work, but I'm finding there's so much work to do and re-do and I'm not exactly sure how to find a balance between helping Sister C learn and being as productive as possible. I've talked it over with God a lot though...I think we'll make it through.

I found a great scripture this morning. "Wherefore Ether came forth in the days of Coriantumr, and began to prophesy unto the people, for he could not be restrained because of the Spirit of the lord which was in him." (Ether 12:2) If you follow the footnotes you'll find that all the best missionaries felt this way. There's nothing more liberating that bearing pure, solid testimony. I love it. :)

Everyone, you're all great. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

S laskou,
Sestra Dean

Beks--I had no idea you were training! What a lucky greenie. If you have any training tips, please send them my way--I could use a few. I just began a letter to you the other day...I'll probably finish it next week and immediately send it off. Lurve!

McKenna--oh my--Soon MARRIED! Congrats, girl! I want to see pics!
Tiff Shaw--I'm in the same district as your distant relative, elder Andersen. What are the odds?!

Brie hansen--It's UNREAL how much my new comp reminds me of you. Seriously. She even does the silent laugh that you do and talks the way you do. And she paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment