Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12/29/10



Familyyyyyy!!!!

Can I just say that I love reading your emails? It's so great. The thing that I really love is that I see so much of who writes it in the email. I think you learn a lot about a person from the things they choose to include and the things they choose not to include in only so much space.

It was really great to hear all your voices the other day and hear about your Christmas--good inspiration for me to keep from turning in to the tubby sister missionary, you and all your new workout equipment. :) If only we missionaries could take on the Insanity as well...

I will ask President on Monday in my next letter (I already wrote him for today) about the Mother's Day thing. It might be very doable. I'll let you know. As far as a package goes--the one thing that might be nice would be another white Downeast shirt. The washing machines here kind of wreak havoc on my poor white things. But please, if you spend another hundred dollars on shipping fees for a package I will feel so bad I'll have to split it with all the homeless people in the center of town (believe me--there are a lot of them). But I won't lie, the package was pretty perfect. :)

As far as news...not much to report. I'm not leaving Ostrava...yet. The two incoming sister missionaries from Mongolia have had visa problems, so it's possible that they could come in mid-transfer and ruin all the bliss of staying in one city for a time, but as for now I am still here with Sister Laws, the Great.

Martin Grohol is doing absolutely wonderfully. I'm so excited about this guy--we've taught him tithing, word of wisdom, sabbath day and he just seems to take everything in humble stride. He's talked about how he knows that God exists now and yesterday he referred to the church as "his church". It's just great. He did say that not drinking alcohol is a little harder than he thought it'd be. He's never been much of a drinker, only socially and in moderation. Sometimes I think that's harder for people, because you don't see an immediate change in your life when you stop. We talked about New Years with him--keep him in your prayers, he's going to need some added strength from on High. Olga is making some progress as well, although we moved her date back to the 22nd with Martin--she still has a way to go. I think she's been kind of hitting on Martin lately, who's at least 12 years younger than she is... interesting. :)

On Sunday we ate with Petr Bandik's entire family. It was really neat to see how kind and respectful they were of who we are and what we believe. They talked with us all about Christmas and offered us fruit tea and were ever so kind. We didn't teach a lesson or anything, but we did leave a good impression, I think. I keep thinking that something great must come of it eventually for them--the blessing Petr received when he was confirmed talked about his entire family receiving the gospel someday. I hope I get to see some of that happen!

I'm glad to hear that you all enjoyed yourselves over Christmas. I forgot to tell you--one of the Elders made homemade eggnog a while back. It was amaaaaaazing. Even better than store bought. Perhaps I'll steal the recipe and make it for you next Christmas.

I can't believe that Maria's getting a horse. No fair--I've been asking Santa for one of those for years. Perhaps I'll write my letter to Jezisek next year instead.
Danielle--how was your snowboarding experience? Did you love it? Lots of young people here snowboard. It makes me want to go again.

Everyone, I just love you all so much! I hope you catch the spirit of the missionary work and share the truth with everyone you know! I've never believed the saying that ignorance is bliss--how can we not share with people the happiness that comes from knowing oneself and understanding the lives they live? Isn't it glorious?!

Cau!

Sestra Dean

P.S. There's this awesome talk called "The Fourth Missionary" by someone named Coleridge or something. He was a mission president once. It's directed towards missionaries, but I think it could be good for anyone in life. You should look it up. And send it to Beks if you find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment