Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

Moje Drahy Rodina,

Heyyyy! (In Czech one would say 'hela' instead of 'hey', but that sounds like cursing....so I won't. Today.)

GOOD NEWS! (Better than no nylons...by the way Ma, I would shave more than once a week if there were anything on my legs to shave off anymore. I think that cutting back on shaving before coming on the mission was a major blessing in disguise because now it hardly seems to grow... who cares how many gag-reflexes I may have triggered.)
The temple opened today! Finally! I almost forgot how different it feels there. I mean, always knew it was, but today I really FELT it again, which was just incredible. I wish I could have stayed there alllllll daaaaaayyyyyy. But instead I get to do laundry. That is something I may never fully appreciate. Maybe if they started to make laundry detergent a little more exciting--they way cereal is, with little shaped and colored surprises--then maybe it'd be more interesting and less stifling. They could even offer little toys if you collect enough Tide box tops. Jejda! Anyways, the temple was SO good and SO enlightening that I forgot to zip up my skirt when I came out of the dressing room! I had no idea all throughout breakfast (we ate in the cafeteria there) until one of the Elders got all nervous and started whispering "Sister Dean! Sister Dean!" The poor poor missionary--a few weeks ago my companion accidentally tucked her skirt into her garments while in the bathroom...and then she bent over to try and stretch her back...and it was this very same missionary who happened to notice her entire back side. AH! I may have a hernia if I laugh much more here--the MTC is just too much fun.

This week marks the end of week number FIVE! Whoa! It's weird--suddenly all these individuals I've become friends with are leaving the MTC and I'm starting to realize how fleeting this time is here. Some missionaries seem so anxious to leave the MTC, but I've been so blessed here. I might cry myself to sleep the first night I don't get to stare up at Sestra Stratton's saggy mattress and know that, whatever happens, she's sleeping above me.
This week we are teaching the 1st discussion in CZECH--that's right! No more English at the TRC/TE/whatever it's called. This means that Sestra Stratton and I aren't teaching together anymore--that I'm teaching with an Elder now (Elder Bracken, if you want to find him in the pictures--AKA: Neville Longbottom). It's a little different, but he's a good missionary and he's very determined to learn the language, so I think it'll go well.
Lately I've been very impressed with the Lord's willingness to help us. Over and over again, I find myself reading of His promises to grant us whatever it is that we ask for that is right. I love how in 2 Nephi 33:3-4 Nephi bears his testimony that the Lord will not only help us, but he will consecrate our prayers for the well being of those we pray for. Woo! We're so so loved and watched out for! Thus, your prayers really mean a lot to me--to all of us missionaries here. We need them and so do investigators.
Speaking of investigators--the -------- family! I wish you could be here, learning the things that I'm learning about helping others come unto Christ. What it all comes down to is that you need to first figure out what is important to them/what their needs are, then you must show how the gospel will help that specific aspect of their lives and then testify of how it's blessed you and promise them blessings if they take actions. It sounds so easy, but it definitely takes a lot of listening and making yourself receptive to the Lord.
AH! I'm almost out of time! Sorry--Dekuji vas moc!

Sestra Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment