Sunday, December 11, 2011

So I lied. It's Saturday and I'm emailing - November 12th, 2011

What did the Buddhist Monk say to the hot dog vendor?

Make me one with everything.


This is a joke that my new, awesome greenie told me. Her name is Sis Clare Smith and she's from Arizona, where they farm alfalfa, make goat cheese and breed people (7 kids). We had a class together at BYU--venturing outdoors leadership. She studied art history. She also taught art to elementary school kids. She's really really funny and really really brave--she just kind of throws herself into contacts and lessons and it's really impressive.

Sister Bean, Sister Anderson and I are ALL training. We are still in Prague, however we've been blinded into a formerly Ëlder-owned area. Usually thriving areas aren't blinded in. So there's quite a bit of contacting and finding to do. Sister Bean and her new companion are taking over the Dejvicka area and, for the two weeks when I'm not here they will try to manage two areas with Sister Smith's help. They just began this new training program this transfer which is pretty intense--TWO hours of comp study. You probably read when Beks mentioned this in her email. It's really new and slightly intimidating and important and I feel really blessed that the Lord is entrusting me with it.

I don't have a lot of time but yesterday Sis Smith wanted to contact the only family on the tram. And we did. And they ate it all up. And we are meeting with them on Monday. I can already tell that we are going to see lots of miracles this transfer.

And yes the concert was fabulous.
And yes, coming home after Christmas was my decision. Don't be mad, we shall have an eternity of Christmases together. :)
My goal is to be spending Christmas with a new convert. Pray for us. :)

I love you!

Sestra Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment